Monday, August 17, 2009





August 14 and 15 were two great days for weddings. Finally it's mid August and summer has arrived. This has been the worst summer to date for horrible weather since I started playing at weddings. I am blessed that none of my weddings got 'rained out' it just so happened that on the rainy days I had indoor receptions to play for.
This was the weekend of four weddings, four cities, four lovely brides, four great venues, four numb fingers on each hand, and four Advils to get me through the weekend! Three dresses, three hour nap on Sunday, and three days until I would be able to type on the computer again without my fingers hurting. What a crazy weekend!!! The first wedding was an indoor ceremony at Carmen's Banquet Hall (www.carmens.com) The reception area was draped off for the ceremony than guests mingled in the foyer for cocktails while they 'transformed' the reception hall for dinner. The tables were ready, just off to one side of the room. It was done very well and I enjoyed my time there. The harp sounded great in the foyer. This lovely bride had her daughter 'give her away' very appropriate I thought.

No comments: