Friday, June 25, 2010

Anniversary Dinner for TWO




A couple of weeks ago I got a last minute request to play for a couples 31st Wedding Anniversary! It was so much fun it was the first time I had ever had a request to do something like this. I thought I was going to be nervous and maybe even feel awkward because it was a private dinner in a private dining room set-up just for two of them. It was not awkward at all though. They were the sweetest couple (who will remain nameless). I hadn't really known them before, I had met the husband briefly once but not enough to say I knew him. I had a wonderful time playing selections of music he specifically choose for them and his wife was SO surprised. I felt like I was playing for my parents when they used to listen to me practice over glass of wine (along time ago). A week later I saw the husband again and he told me that the harp music made the evening more special than they could have ever imagined! I was so happy to hear that and thought about how this idea would be great for anyone looking for a romantic way to propose or celebrate in a romantic intimate way. I played at the newly renovated Terrace on the Green www.terraceonthegreen.com which is only 10 min for where I live. I loved the location it is a great venue for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception.

No comments: