Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 8, 2010




July 8, yes a Thursday I played in front of Niagara Falls in the Oaks Garden Theater. It was one of the hottest days of the year so far. Thankfully the harp needs to be in the shade due to the fact that it is made out of wood and direct sunlight would ruin the finish. So with the harp in the shade so was I. Unfortunately the guests were in the sun where the ceremony was set up to take place and only 1/2 of them showed up. The rest watched from the balconies of their air conditioned hotel rooms that overlooked the garden...or at least I think they were...if not I don't know who was?!? They were a lovely couple that were already married in the US and 're enacting' the ceremony for her family that was visiting Niagara Falls from China! I don't know if they had a harpist at their original wedding in the US but I was glad to be there!

No comments: