Friday, July 17, 2009




In late early April I was at the Bramalea Baptist Church and performed at a Seniors Tea Party. I had no idea until I arrived but it was also Victorian themed and everyone was all dressed up. I was so disappointed that I missed out on an opportunity to dress up however they didn't expect me to and that's why I was not informed. It was a great time, who knew seniors could be so much fun! I played a few hymns for them in concert style but I didn't speak at this event, they had a fantastic guest speaker from Cambridge. It didn't go without mentioning that we had just adopted a baby girl and everyone praised God with me once again for our little miracle. The guest speaker was truly touching as she spoke about grief. Ironic because it was within weeks of a year ago in that very Church I played for my dear 'friend like niece' Catlyn who died of cancer at the young age of 15. In many ways I am still dealing with the grief after having been there for her driving her and her mom back and forth to Sick Kids Hospital for chemo treatments for three years I have a lot of emotional scars! The speaker and her husband also lost a daughter to cancer suddenly and much too young. Through God's help and direction they started a program called 'COPING' which is designed to help people through grief. I was truly blessed by this message and once again I left feeling more blessed by being there than anyone else. God had me right where He wanted me that day for sure.

No comments: