Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Here is an article that an anonymous person wrote from a Church I performed at this past summer. This article is from this website www.youthfaith.org I love to perform and share my testimony with others. My music is a gift that God gave to me and I am so blessed that I must share it with others so they can be blessed too. However I have had many journeys with the harp through God so sharing my testimony and my music is a real pleasure.

Harpist With a Story
Wednesday, July 16 @ 12:26:15 CDT
by youthfaith
It came to my attention that a harpist was going to have special music at our local church. I thought to myself that it would be very interesting. I've never personally seeing a harp, let alone heard the sounds the harp makes.

I had arrived at church that Sabbath morning and received the bulletin for the Sabbath service. I noticed in the bulletin that the same harpist was going to do a sermon as well. Honest truth, I misjudged and misperceived my original negative thoughts. In my mind I thought: why is a harpist doing a sermon? why isn't the harpist sticking to what she knows? Boy was I wrong and humbled at the same time.

The name of the harpist was Chantal Dube. She started out the worship hour with a couple of songs with her harp. The sound was incredible and she was very good at playing the harp. I was amazed, and fell in love with sound the instrument made.

It came the time for the sermon, and Chantal started to talk about her past. I was enchanted of what her life consisted of. Her sermon was inspiring and yet humbling. You know that feeling that you get that God is present. Well during this sermon I can tell you that God was present. She was absolutely 100% genuine, believe me, people can tell when a sermon is counterfeit and or fake. She was incredible and had many people in the audience in tears. Each of her story lines followed by a beautiful instrumental sound with her harp.

I highly recommend her as a guest speaker, and of course as a harpist. You can visit her website at: http://www.chantaldube.com

She also has a CD out, which includes possibly her best work. Chantal's 2008 album is called "Still Moments" and can be purchased online at:

http://shop2.mailordercentral.com/gospel/prodinfo.asp?number=Y-9712

I was very inspired, humbled, and I wished I had the same faith as she does. I personally don't think that I'm physically, mentally, or spiritually strong as her, and probably could not go through what she did. Please have a look at her website and of course the wonderful Gospel CD.

No comments: